I tutor two graduate students in marketing, which is not my field of study. I know virtually nothing about marketing. However, this has mattered very little in our tutoring sessions, which have progressed very well in my opinion. My students have mainly needed help with things like organization, clarity, and word choice. These are all things that I, as a writing center tutor, am equipped to assist them with. My background in religious studies has not been completely irrelevant, however. Religious studies methodologies and theories are different than marketing, but the basic research processes and patterns are not completely dissimilar. My students, like me, still need to read many books and articles, collect data, synthesize their data, and write a clear narrative about their data. I have been able to utilize my knowledge about conducting research and writing about research to assist my students with various writing issues. That said, I spent a significant portion of ...
Comments
Post a Comment